Senior Tax Exchange Program
Welcome to the School District of the Menomonie Area Senior Tax Exchange Program (STEP). The district is proud to offer this program and hopes you will enjoy your association with us.
Menomonie is excited about this win/ win opportunity to involve the school district’s seniors in the process of education and schooling while returning to the participants some property tax relief. It is our belief that this program is one that can truly be beneficial to all parties involved.
This program is designed to benefit both the taxpayer and the school district. We anticipate that this program will be highly successful. STEP will:
- Assist students to become better learners due to the expertise of the workers
- Help students learn from the life experiences of the workers
- Increase community involvement in the school system
- Increase community awareness regarding the school system
- Provide a means for workers to become or stay involved with our school system
- Provide some property tax relief to participants
If you would like begin the process of becoming a STEP worker, or simply would like additional information, please contact Kale Proksch at 715-232-1197 ext. 42138.