The School District of the Menomonie Area is proud to renew our partnership with Wisconsin Digital Learning Collaborative for a fifth year. This partnership provides student’s with an opportunity to participate in an online education through their local school district. The program was developed to better serve the unmet needs of some of our students and move toward preparing ALL students for the 21st century skills they will be required to demonstrate in their futures.
“Virtual education is an innovative reality in the 21st century and an effective educational strategy for some students,” said former Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction State Superintendent Elizabeth Burmaster.
The School District of Menomonie will be partnering with CESA 9 Wisconsin Virtual School to provide viable course options for our students. WVS serves school districts, helping us provide virtual learning options for our students, including:
- Relevant courses in flexible locations
- High quality, interactive courses aligned to state and national standards
- Middle school and high school level curriculum
- Over 70 different course options
- A solution for schedule conflicts, home-based learners, homebound, adjudication, truancy, expulsions, teen parents, special needs, etc.
- Modified rates of learning to accommodate the student – traditional, accelerated or extended
- The experience of online learning in preparation for future training in post-secondary educational and work environments.
For more information or questions, please contact Katherine Krueger, Virtual School Coordinator, 715-233-3219, or by email.